If you’re working for a large company, getting top people to adopt inbound methods can be a tough slog. Large companies tend to move more slowly than their smaller counterparts, especially if they have to change how they conduct business. There are some specific reasons why inbound is a sticking point for enterprise companies: large bureaucracies, fear of change, a tendency to flaunt big budgets, etc.
But these 10 facts and statistics from some of our favorite experts are sure to make the ears of your executive team perk up. Here are the key advantages to inbound marketing:
- Instead of buying ad space, you can pay for the costs of creating content — writers, designers and social media experts — and cover the cost of measuring the results, instead. The final cost may even be lower than that of a traditional ad campaign. And when you consider what it can generate — twice as many leads and higher ROI — the value of inbound marketing is incalculable. Sources: Envision Creative
- The percentage of marketers reporting inbound leads in 2014 was more than double that of marketers reporting leads from outbound strategies. Source: Contently
- Inbound marketing leads are of higher quality. The majority of marketers say their inbound leads are more knowledgeable about the product than outbound leads. Source: Contently
- Inbound marketers can measure ROI from their efforts and are 17 times more likely to continue to generate the same or greater ROI compared with the previous year. Source: Struto
- Inbound marketers who use blogging give their company websites 434% more Google indexed pages and 97% more indexed links than those who don’t. Source: HubSpot
- 57% of marketers who blog just once a month have acquired a customer through blogging. Source: HubSpot
- 54% more leads are generated by inbound than by outbound — and three times more leads per dollar. Source: SmartBug Media
- Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing. Source: HubSpot
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles online versus a traditional advertisement. Source: exacttarget.com
- Traditional advertising costs today are so high that more than likely you only enough in your marketing budget for a small-scale campaign that will yield little results. Source: Envision Creative
How do you ensure your team that Inbound Marketing can be successful?
You implement a holistic plan for marketing and sales.