Distributing postcards, flyers, and brochures with information about your business or an upcoming event is a great way to get the word out. However, it’s a little hard to find new places to put those postcards. Sure, public bulletin boards, coffee shops, and bars and restaurants are great places to put out some postcards. But where are some new places to reach possible customers? We’ve come up with some fantastic ideas for unique places to place your promotional postcards. Let’s dive in!
- Books: Now, this one may require getting permission, but it also is probably worth it. Go to a bookstore or library and use your promotional postcards as bookmarks in popular novels. Not only does it provide bookworms with a bookmark, but it also will get the word out about your business in a unique way. You can even select a section of books that matches your promotional deal. For instance, if you’re an auto-repair shop running a special through your promotional postcard, you can place your postcards in books that are related to cars and vehicle maintenance.
- Laundromat: Although many apartments come equipped with a washer/dryer set, there are many that don’t, and this forces many renters to go to the laundromat. Laundromats now feature wifi and other conveniences; however, being stuck in one place for three hours can still get boring. Promotional postcards make great light-reading material for the bored launderer.
- Make it a souvenir: Despite the fact that many people think snail mail is dead, it’s still a favorite way for some people to send notes to their friends and family. Especially if you have a business that is particularly tourist-oriented (you own a restaurant or hotel in a hip city), a promotional postcard that can be bought and sent home is a fantastic way to get the word out about your business.
- Auto Repair Places: Unlike the laundromat, many auto-repair shops are not equipped with wifi, leaving customers waiting for their cars and hungry for reading material. A promotional postcard can excel here because visitors are dying to read just about anything.
- County Fairs: Locals love going to county fairs to enjoy their share of rides and fried treats. However, many fairs require tickets, and dropping your promotional postcard at the ticket booth would be helpful in getting the word out to many different local groups.
- Go to an expo: If your business lends itself to an expo (such as a technical expo), bringing promotional material is always a helpful way to help those who are already interested in your industry learn more about your product or service. Even if you don’t have a booth, you might be able to leave your postcards at the ticket booth (for a small fee, probably).
- Public Bathroom stalls: This might sound a little strange, but public bathroom stalls are prime real estate for people who want to spread the word about their product. Either placing a poster on the inside of the stall or dropping a few postcards on the bathroom counter could spread the word about your business all over. Remember, the best part about a public bathroom is that you have no idea who’s going to use it--because it’s public. Use that to your advantage.
Promotional postcards are great tools for specials and startups, and this list of ideas will help your business’ cards be seen instead of getting lost in the sea of message boards. Comment below with your favorite unique place to put your postcards.